Quiz: What Type Of Yoga Should You Do?
There are so many different types of yoga with confusing sanskrit names. As a beginner it may be challenging to find out what type of yoga you should do. Take this short quiz to find out which styles you should explore!
Q1: What kind of work do you do?
- 9 to 5 office type job. I’m mostly sitting during the day
- Physical intense job. I’m mostly standing, walking or lifting heavy things during the day.
- I’m not working at the moment, I’m taking some time off due to burn out, sickness or other reasons.
Q2: What is your level of fitness?
- I am in good health, I’m in shape and I like to sweat.
- I don’t like to sweat, I’m out of shape and I am inflexible.
- I have an injury and I am limited in my movement
Q3: Do you want to incorporate spirituality into your practice?
- Yes, I am interested in going deeper into my spiritual practice.
- Not really, I am mostly interested in the physical benefits of yoga.
- I want to keep it basic and relax.
Q4: How do you want to feel after a yoga class?
- I want to be sweaty and be proud that I did something that I wasn’t able to do before.
- I want my mind to feel relaxed and my body stretched
- I want to see an improvement in my mobility and my mind calm.
Q5: What is your intention to practice yoga?
- I want to be able to stretch and strengthen my body so I can sit longer in meditation and go deeper in my spiritual journey (and a yoga booty or being able to do a handstand would be nice 😉 )
- I want to balance my mind and body
- I want to reduce stress in my life and be able to relax.
If you answered mostly 1: you should practice a dynamic or yang style of yoga
Explore following styles:
- Ashtanga yoga
- Vinyasa yoga
- Bikram yoga
- Aerial yoga
If you answered mostly 2: you should practice an easy or yin style of yoga
- Yin yoga
- Hatha yoga
- Areal yin yoga
- Basic vinyasa
If you answered mostly 3: you should practice a passive style of yoga
- Restorative yoga
- Yoga therapy
- Gentle hatha
- Chair yoga
- Yin yoga
So what kind of yoga should you explore? Let me know on social media by tagging @TheAdiyogini or write it in the comments below!
Call to action
If you enjoyed this article, please share on social media as I want to reach as many people as possible and help them with their spiritual and yoga journey.
Become a member of The Adiyogini’s Conscious Club.
If you like my energy, book me for a private online yoga class, drop me a line via [email protected]
Please check out my services by clicking here